Being an Agent in Alberta
This booklet is for people who have been asked to be an Agent under someone’s Personal Directive. It explains what is involved in being an Agent.
It is divided into two sections:
- a question and answer section that covers issues to consider before you accept the job as well as common questions and examples; and
- a checklist section that helps guide you when the Personal Directive comes into effect.
This booklet gives general information only, not legal advice. It is not a do-it-yourself guide. For that, you need a more detailed self-help publication or legal advice. See the last few pages of this booklet for information on where to get this help.
- Should I agree to the job? – Top 10 questions about what’s involved in being an Agent
- What happens when…? Top 15 general questions about being an Agent
- How can it go wrong? Top 5 questions about the most common problems
- The time has come: where do I begin? Checklist: 10 steps upon the incapacity of the maker
- What do the words mean? Glossary
- Where can I get more help? Community resources