Get help from any of the following resources.
Income restrictions may apply.
- Orderly Payment of Debts managed by Money Mentors
- Momentum – manage your money programs
- Consumer Proposal with a licensed insolvency trustee (video)
- Bankruptcy (video)
- Credit Counseling Agencies
- Find a licensed trustee in Alberta
- Compare consumer proposals, debt repayment plans and bankruptcy
- The effect of bankruptcy or a consumer proposal on your credit rating.
- Information about Foreclosure
- Free Consumer Debt Information
- Bankrupcty Frequently Asked Questions
Alberta Legal Clinics and Free Legal Advice
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic (Red Deer, Lloydminster, Medicine Hat, Fort McMurray)
- Consumer Debt (and Mortgage) Negotiation Project
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Grande Prairie Legal Guidance
- Law Society of Alberta Lawyer Referral Program
- Lethbridge Legal Guidance
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Student Legal Assistance (Calgary)
- Student Legal Services of Edmonton
Information on all Alberta Services including domestic violence and mental health, free, confidential, multi-lingual, Available 24/7:
- Call 211 or https://www.ab.211.ca/help/looking-for-help
For help in another language call 211.
CPLEA believes that access to understandable information about laws and legal processes should be the right of everyone in a free society. With the help of Kyla Sandwith of De Novo Inc. and other concerned members of Alberta’s legal community working as the Alberta Debtor Support Project, CPLEA created this online resource to help Albertans dealing with debt find the help they need.