Bringing you up-to-date on the latest news and upcoming events at CPLEA
- Alberta wild fires – resource for landlords and tenants
- Upcoming webinars
- Sexual violence awareness month – quizzes
- Latest LawNow articles
DON’T MISS OUR UPCOMING FREE WEBINARS!
Tuesday, May 16, 2023 | 12PM – 1PM
During this CPLEA-facilitated panel discussion with experienced professionals, we will discuss common questions about dying without a will. Topics will include what happens if you do not have a will and who gets your estate. Watch this short video!
There’s still time to register at www.cplea.ca/workshops/
Thursday, June 1, 2023 | 12PM – 1PM
During this CPLEA-facilitated panel discussion with experienced professionals, we will discuss common questions about maternity and parental leaves. Topics will include what these leaves are, who is eligible, and what laws apply.
Register at www.cplea.ca/workshops/
Did you miss our first two webinars?
You can watch “Owning Property with Someone Else” and “Harassment at Work” on-demand on CPLEA-TV!
SEXUAL VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
TAKE OUR QUIZZES!
May is sexual violence awareness month! How much do you know on that topic? We have a series of two-minute quizzes about violence and abuse.
- Sexual violence within a family
- Sex trafficking
- Sexual violence and consent
- Sexual violence in the workplace
- Sharing intimate images without consent
OUR LATEST ARTICLES!
Check out LawNow.org for our latest articles!
- Planning for Things no one Wants to Talk about by Benjamin Freeland
- The Right to Die and the Debate Surrounding Mental Illness by Isaac Belland
- Double Take on Mortgages by Judy Feng
- Canadian Legal System: The Role of Libraries in Access to Justice by Alberta Law Libraries
- Houseless Encampments: A Political or Legal Issue? by Isaac Belland
Like what you see here? Click the button below to subscribe now!