CPLEA leads workshops for frontline service providers, teachers, librarians, and other service providers.
May 18, 2022 @ 2PM | Zoom
This session will introduce participants to the different public legal information resources offered by the Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (CPLEA).
Ban on Conversion Therapy in Canada
June 1, 2022 @ 1:30PM MDT | Zoom
Amendments to Canada’s Criminal Code took effect on January 7th and include four new criminal offences banning conversion therapy and related conduct. What constitutes conversion therapy? How will the new law affect those providing and being subjected to conversion therapy?
Join us for a 90-minute webinar panel discussing the law. Moderated by the Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (CPLEA), our insightful panelists will share about the political, legal, psycho-social, youth and lived experience perspectives.
We are pleased to announce our panelists:
- Blake Desjarlais, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Griesbach
- Emmet Michael, musician
- Glynnis Lieb, Executive Director for the Institute for Sexual Minority Studies & Services (iSMSS), University of Alberta
- Rin Lawrence, Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Human Rights Committee and Chair of the Teacher Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Edmonton Public Teachers Local 37
- Charles Easton, LGBTQ+ Lawyer
The Centre for Sexuality will also be on hand to provide mental health support to our panel and participants.
Watch recordings of some of our webinars on our YouTube channel – CPLEA TV!
- Human Rights in the Workplace: What are human rights?
- Human Rights in the Workplace: Termination of Employment
- Human Rights in the Workplace: Resolving Disputes
- Domestic Violence and the Law: Panel of resources
- Got Debt?
- Planning for the Future: Mental Capacity
- Planning for the Future: Making a Will
- Planning for the Future: Personal Directives and Powers of Attorney
- Planning for the Future: Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act
- Legal Information vs. Legal Advice: What’s the difference?
Check out CPLEA TV for on-demand videos on various legal topics.